Today marks the fourth day of PGi’s telework series, and if you’re like me, winter’s bad weather traffic is stressing you out—and it’s only December. The answer to saving the stress (and keeping money in your wallet) is to skip the commute and opt for flexible work and/or telework.
To make a business case for telecommuting at your company, download our free eBook The Yin + Yang of Telecommuting and share with your boss or HR department. The benefits of telecommuting—for employees and companies—will come to life when you see the numbers from the eBook:
- The average commute for an American worker is 28 minutes and 22 miles.
- 80% of telecommuters say they are more productive in the home office.
- On average, teleworkers product 43% more business volume than in-office counterparts.
- An estimated 40% of U.S. employees hold jobs that could be done at home.
- 59% of employees believe telecommuting at least part time is the ideal work situation.
- Unscheduled absences cost $1,800 per employee per year, and companies with flexible work policies report 63% fewer unscheduled absences.
- The average real estate savings for businesses with full-time teleworkers is $10,000 per employee per year.
To learn how to unlock the employee value and business savings of telework, download our free eBook today. And save your miles and cash for an escape from the snow.