Sales pros: Are you trying to figure out how to embrace the future of social selling? Trying to get an edge in our increasingly competitive B2B and B2C landscape? Old-school sales techniques no longer giving you the edge? Need new ways to grow your business through customer expansion, business development and sales prospecting?
Sales leaders from PGi, Hubspot, LinkedIn, Top Sales World, Miller Heiman Research Institute, Sales Leadership, Inc. and Brainshark have come together to help you survive the onslaught of educated, digital consumers and competitors.
The new eBook, Evolution of Sales: The Survival Guide, takes on the biggest trends impacting your sales results.
1. Adapting to the demands of the digital buyer.
2. New era of the cold call through social and content outreach.
3. Survival of the fittest sales reps.
4. Unlocking the “new” sales brain.
5. Empowering sales with content.
6. Maximizing video for live and on-demand engagement.
7. Building real relationships through digital communications and social engagement.
Here’s an excerpt from the introduction of the new eBook, The Evolution of Sales: The Survival Guide.
Hunting vs. Hunted: Adapting to the Demands of the Educated Buyer
By Scott Tapp, PGi EVP Sales & Marketing
One of the most profound shifts in the current sales experience has nothing to do with the modern-day sales executive; the change lies wholly within the mind of the prospect. Contemporary sales teams are challenged most by a single factor: the educated consumer. This data-driven, all-access world we live in accelerates communication, information sharing and transparency—all with the click of a button.
Long before purchasing a product, today’s consumers are highly knowledgeable of their options within any given market. They no longer look to sales professionals to provide information, nor do they trust brands as de facto qualified resources. It’s not just that buyers start the sales process without you; research demonstrates that consumers typically complete most of the purchase journey before having any contact with sales.
In fact, according to Forrester Research, the average buyer has completed between 60 and 90% of their decision-making process before engaging a sales professional.
• Inside sales is growing 300 percent faster than outside sales. The shift is towards inbound sales teams and new tools for prospecting — do you know what these are and how to use them?
• Sellers must adapt their processes, tools and training to find and engage the right people and build their professional networks.
• Regardless of these new tools, we are all still human beings, wired with our “Old Brains.” How can sales professionals combine biology with technology to reinvent customer conversations?
• The importance of context and how sales professionals can tailor content and messages by evaluating customer environments, both organizational and virtual.
The business benefits of embracing the educated consumer are exciting, because they offer numerous opportunities for growth. Yet, sales pros can get lost in this new sales world without an understanding of where your prospects find information and how they want to be engaged. You risk obsolescence if you play by their rules and not yours.
Download the eBook today to unlock the secrets from the world’s leaders in social selling, sales consulting and business development education.