You may recognize him as the wise little green creature from the Star Wars series, but did you know Yoda can teach us more than how to use the Force? It’s a little known fact that Yoda is not only a master of the Force, but he’s also a collaboration guru of sorts. Ready to become a Collaboration Jedi?
Then gather around Collaboration Padawans, and see what you can learn from Yoda about teamwork and collaboration:
- “Already know you, that which you need.” Before you collaborate, have a plan. Have a clear vision of what you want to accomplish.
- “You must unlearn what you have learned.” Be open minded when collaborating. Listen with the intent to be influenced.
- “Size matters not.” Don’t become overwhelmed by huge projects. Collaboration lets you divide and conquer big tasks.
- Every instant the universe starts over. Choose! And again.” Your team’s ideas may not always get rave reviews. If you have to go back to the drawing board, don’t be discouraged.
- “Great warrior, hmm? Wars not make one great.” Discussions are healthy when collaborating, but if things get heated, take a step back and regroup.
- “Mind what you have learned. Save you it can.” Collaborating is a chance to learn! Take detailed notes of ideas and decisions and share them so that everyone benefits.
- “Do! Or do not! There is no try!” Execute and utilize what you have learned from your collaboration. Exceed the expectations of the task at hand.
- “May the Force be with you.” The Force of Collaboration leads to greatness! Use it wisely.
Ready to master the Force of Collaboration? Learn about more collaboration challenges and how to overcome them with PGi’s free eBook, The Future of Business Collaboration 2015 Edition.