Marketing is now moving and evolving so quickly that no team can be successful without the right tech tools. But with so many new tools available, how do you choose the marketing technologies most worth your time and budget?
Top 5 Marketing Technologies for Demand Generation
1. Marketing automation: These tools continue to be the lifeblood for demand generation. At PGi, we leverage a number of tactics to drive leads into our marketing automation system, and then we assign those leads to targeted nurture tracks according to line of business and stage of the buyer’s journey. From there, we monitor the lead’s digital engagement and leverage explicit data captured on our progressively profiled forms to score the leads and determine if they are ready to pass along to our sales teams.
2. Customer Relationship Management (CRM): Every additional tool tends to be either integrated or used in conjunction with marketing automation, such as CRM software like Salesforce®. Once a lead is deemed “Marketing Qualified” in our marketing automation system, it is then assigned to a sales rep for follow up via our CRM system. We track the status of a lead and monitor the conversion rates from “Marketing Qualified” to “Opportunity” to “Closed Won”. It is critical that your sales organization fully adopts the appropriate use of a CRM system in order to understand which programs are performing, how to shift marketing spend to top performing programs and how to substantiate further marketing investments.
3. Predictive analytics software: This type of marketing technology is an emerging way to leverage the data from both your CRM and marketing automation tools to produce actionable insights. Essentially, predictive analytics leverages your existing data and augments it with third-party data to create predictive models for targeting your marketing efforts and prioritizing your sales organization’s hunting efforts.
4. Webinars and webcasts: When we’re talking about tools for demand generation, I can’t overlook one of the leading technologies that helps drive net new leads and engages existing leads in your marketing automation system: webcasts and webinars. Webinars rank high for effective B2B lead generation tactics, with 66% spending 20 minutes or more attending a webinar.
PGi’s webinar platform called iMeetLive® allows you to easily host video webinar presentations that engage prospective buyers and accelerate them through the pipeline, ultimately driving business results. PGi’s iMeetLive solution, makes it incredibly easy to produce professional, branded web events and engage your audience through HD video, polling, Q&A and exit surveys.
5. Management & team workspaces: Finally, perhaps one of the most overlooked tools that benefits your demand strategy is project management and team workspace solutions. With so many marketers focused on content marketing these days having a tool to manage the content creation process, reviews, deliverables and communication with stakeholders and teams to keep them informed is critical. Email and spreadsheets is no way to effectively manage these types of projects.
Instead, we use iMeet Central which makes it easier to communicate and collaborate with our internal teams, external vendors and agencies from one integrated collaboration platform to complete projects faster. We are able to review, edit and approve assets online, eliminate version control issues, centralize communication and assign tasks and deliverables all through one cloud based centralized tool. And another big plus, is that you don’t have to worry about firewall issues for your external agency vendors.
Ready to learn more about evaluating the right marketing technologies for your team? Check out our helpful buyer’s guides that will steer you in the right direction: