Welcome to PGi’s Summer Hours Campaign, a summertime movement to get you up and out of the office and into the sunshine. Our concept is simple: by maximizing your productivity and efficiency when you’re in the office, you create more free time for yourself out of the office. To help streamline this project, we will be bringing you 90 productivity tips—a tip for each day of summer—to help you get the most out of your summer.
Without further ado, here are 9 productivity tips to kickstart your summer.
- Turn off the smart phone!
- De-clutter your desk. A messy workspace is a distracting workspace.
- Commit to be focused, free-of distractions 90 minutes and let everyone know you are unavailable. This is a great way to knock out a big task.
- Have a clear agenda for each meeting and share it with the attendees beforehand to set expectations.
- Walk! Every couple of hours, take a 5-minute walk to clear your head.
- Prioritize your tasks into buckets: 1) Must Get Done, 2) Good to Get Done, 3) Bonus to Get Done.
- You’re not good to anyone if you over commit! Learn to say no to some requests.
- If something on your to do list takes less than two minutes to accomplish, do it now.
- SaneBox uses an algorithm to determine the importance of each of your emails and moves the unimportant messages out of your inbox.
Stay tuned as we roll out the rest of our 90 productivity tips over the course of the summer and learn how you can put 90 minutes of fun back into your work week.