As the temperature continues to climb to scorching new heights and the lethargy sets in from the summer heat, you might not be working to your full potential. With just a few tweaks to your work strategy, though, you can churn away at full efficiency and make the most of your time so you have ample opportunity to enjoy your summer. With our weekly Summer Hours productivity tips, we hope to give you the tools and tricks you need to guarantee that you find more time to do the things you love this summer.
So sit, back, relax and up your productivity game so you can make the most out of your summer.
28. Keep a notepad at your desk. Rather than attending to a task that instantly grabbed your attention, write it down so that you get to it later.
29. Make a policy with your co-workers and boss that when you have your headphones on, you are not to be disturbed.
30. Bookmark articles that you run across and want to read for later. Programs like Pocket can help!
31. Subscribe to Lifehacker’s “How I Work” series:
32. Use Sticky Notes and create columns for “completed” and “uncompleted.” It is so satisfying to see the visual cue of everything you have gotten done that day!
33. Use other people’s good ideas! If you’re working on a creative task and get into a rut, use Pinterest as a source of inspiration to jumpstart your productivity (and creativity).
34. If you’ve hit a wall on a project, ask a coworker or friend to take a look. A fresh set of eyes can be all that you need.
35. Telecommute! Working from home is a great way to reduce distractions and facilitate productivity.
36. Don’t forget to put up the ‘Do Not Disturb’ setting during a meeting.
To learn more ways to maximize your productivity, check out last week’s installment of Summer Hours Productivity Tips and keep your eyes open for more tips and tricks coming your way next week.