This summer at PGi, our main goal is to figure out how to help you increase your productivity so you can put more free time back into your work week to do the things you enjoy. If you’re ready to get out of the office and outside to enjoy the beautiful summer weather, check out our newest tips in our Summer Hours productivity tips series and learn how to make the most of your summer.
10. Check your email every hour, rather than checking every time an email alert pops up.
11. Sleep the right amount — Researchers found that under-sleepers and over-sleepers were both more likely to take extra sick days.
12. Stay hydrated. Drinking water can help you feel energized and awake.
13. Get your Vitamin D! Research shows that we need 20 minutes of exposure to the sun every day.
14. Clear your head with some deep breathing exercises or meditation. Try the app Headspace, which will lead you in ten minutes of meditation and get you feeling zen.
15. Use the Pomodoro Technique using a 25-minute timer to help you manage our time efficiently.
16. Go old school and write by hand. You’d be surprised at how much more you remember when you write by hand.
17. Reward yourself for hard work. When I need to get stuff done, I set a deadline for myself, as well as a reward to earn. If you complete your task before the deadline, you get your reward.
18. If you’ve hit a work slump, sometimes a triple-shot latte is all that can get you back on track.
For more productivity tips, check out last week’s Summer Hours Productivity Tips, and stay tuned for more productivity tips next Monday.