In the past, business people did most of their connecting and networking in person. Looking each other in the eye and shaking hands were seen as the only real ways to make a connection. However, with advancements in technology virtual events and meetings can be just as engrossing and provide an equal amount of opportunities to interact with others. Holding a tradeshow, conference, or training event via webcast is a regularity in our current environment.
What Are the Advantages of Planning a Virtual Event?
Some of the reasons to consider planning a virtual event include:
- Virtual events allow people to attend regardless of their physical location. As long as they have a stable internet connection and can connect to the webcast, interested participants can log on from anywhere in the world.
- Potential savings for the company. Holding a virtual event is cost-effective and allows you to specify whatever budget works for you and then adhere to that budget.
- Due to unforeseen circumstances like the onset of the COVID pandemic, people may not be able to travel to your location. A webcast allows them to attend without any of the risks involved with travel.
How to Plan a Virtual Event
By planning a full event strategy just as you would for an in-person event, you can offer a robust experience for all your virtual event attendees. Consider not only what topics will be covered but also how the topic and material align with the other presentations and webcasts you’ll be holding over the course of the year.
What Makes a Virtual Event Stand Out to Participants?
Some of the ways to make your virtual event engaging include:
- Offer ways for participants to give input, like polls, questions, and a chat feature where they can input questions.
- Share additional materials like videos, graphs, and photos to help attendees understand the points you are making.
- Save time for questions and answers so participants can get any questions they have resolved before the session ends.
With the right planning, you can ensure your virtual event is as successful as possible. One of the key components is choosing the right platform to present the content. GlobalMeet Webcast is an advanced, easy-to-use technology that is perfect for your needs as the organizer of a virtual event. Find out more here.