Human Resource Business Partner (Contract role)
Reporting to CHRO the Human Resource Business Partner EMEA will have responsibility for managing, delivering effective HR services across Premiere Global Services operations as directed.
The role is based in Ireland (Remote) & may require travel when restrictions are eased.
- 3rd Level Qualification in HR, Business or related discipline
- Demonstrated experience in a similar HR role is essential
- Previous experience working in a HR department (preferably providing HR support pan-European) is essential
- Previous payroll experience is desirable
- Experience working in a multinational organisation with multi-national employees is desirable
- Excellent working knowledge of local working practices and employment legislation
- Ability to interact effectively with Junior and Senior Management – recommend & guide with confidence
- Have a proven ability to be a strong team player and promote teamwork and provide support at all levels
- Highly developed communication and presentation skills.
- Be capable of growing with the Company and taking responsibility for self-development.
- Ability to work under pressure and deal positively with difficult situations.
- Takes ownership & responsibility in all manner of tasks
- Accountable and trustworthy
- Solutions oriented – creative & proactive in approach
- Demonstrates positive leadership
- Fluency in English is essential for the role
- Excellent Organisation and Time-Management skills
- Willingness to learn
- Displayed ability to work on initiative – Self-starter
- Work with a sense of urgency
- Flexible and Adaptable
- Attentive to detail, accuracy of work / information
- Compliant in all tasks – working to internal policy and within legal & best practice guidance
- Analytical and Numbers Literate
- Discrete – understanding the importance of confidentiality in the job
- Computer Literate – MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet and Email
- Previous experience working with HR & Payroll Systems / Databases
- Work to headcount budget as directed
- Ensure approval process is followed at all times for all recruitment and changes in headcount (using the formal requisition forms).
- In conjunction with local Management, drive recruitment for all functions as required and approved.
- Foster and develop relationships/partnerships for recruitment purposes with universities, colleges and other educational sources
- Identify and work with recruitment providers and maximise where possible through direct advertising (i.e. web/media/networking) direct versus agency recruitment.
- Continue to develop internal and external recruitment techniques to achieve organisational and business goals.
- Continue to develop and update detailed job descriptions for all in-country roles in liaison with the SVP’s /Directors/Managers.
- Pre-screening and Interviewing of candidates
- Recruitment administration including the following – mail sorting, acknowledgements, decline letters and other written correspondence.
- C.V. Filing, Maintenance
- Confirmation of start details with successful candidates
- Reference Checks,
- Organisation of pre-Employment Medicals as required
- Experience working with ICIMS advantageous.
- Collation, preparation and completion of all information for monthly payroll in conjunction with payroll providers as required
- Oversee & manage benefits such as Pension, Healthcare and Social Security administration
Employee Development & Training
- Work closely with Management on career pathing and succession planning for employees in all areas of the Company.
- Work with Management in an effort to foster a “learning” culture to ensure employees are multiskilled.
- Identify and monitor the performance of training suppliers.
- Support Management in the co-ordination and processing of Training Requests for their teams in line with training and educational assistance policies
- Induction Training – production of course material in language and in–line with country legislation
- Delivery of Induction training in-house as well as remote
- Development of other training i.e. fire training, ergonomics training as directed
- Training course arrangements and booking of same.
- Track training costs and spend
Compensation & Benefits
- Research, develop and implement C&B policies ensuring equity and consistency while simultaneously ensuring C&B’s are market competitive
- Ensure legal/tax compliance in the C&B process.
- Communicate and educate employees in the technical areas of C&B’s.
- Align C&B programs for all employees in line with in country legislation and best practice
- Ensure where appropriate that all C&B Programs have been reviewed and approved by CHRO
- Preparation of Employee contracts, letters, starter packs etc.
- Preparation and Maintenance of Employee HR Files
- Continuous monitoring and maintenance of HR files, databases etc. to ensure all relevant documentation is available and up to date
- Conduct Benchmarking exercises and Salary Surveys as directed
- Assist in the co-ordination of the Annual Performance Management process
- Assist in the co-ordination of the Annual Salary Review process
- Foster a culture of excellent communication in line with business policy.
- Promote “Open Door” policy
- Work with Management in-country to ensure that communication is regular, constructive, managed and well structured.
- Ensure that all communication is inclusive and two-way.
- In conjunction with European HR team, calendar regular Executive communication sessions
- Coach & support Directors / Managers particularly with regard to in-country employee relation’s protocols and legal framework.
- Liaise with legal advisers as appropriate in matters relating to employee relations issues (following approval from CHRO).
- Ensure that processes, policies, systems and relationships are fair, equitable and foster a culture of openness, trust and inclusion.
- Develop & implement communication processes to ensure achievement of this goal.
- Act as a people champion ensuring a climate of positive employee relations to maintain optimum flexibility and minimising employee relation’s issues.
- Develop performance management systems, processes and standards.
- Ensure end of probation and annual performance assessments are carried out.
- Encourage, assist and coach functional directors, management and team lines on year-round performance management especially with regard to regular feedback to employees with regards to their performance vis-à-vis individual and company goals.
- Instil functional management ownership for the performance management process and its implementation.
- Provide constructive feedback and coaching to functional management on the quality of performance management activities and outcomes.
- Advise and coach functional management on legal matters and protocols pertaining to performance improvement disciplinary processes.
Time & Attendance
- Track all leave – authorised and unauthorised
- Ensure that Attendance policies are being adhered to
- Design, develop and implement HR polices and handbooks for in-country employees working to company policy where possible
- Assist and coach line management on the implementation and interpretation of HR policies.
- Ensure that all contracts/policies and HR systems comply with relevant country employment legislation.
- Liaise with the Company’s legal advisers as appropriate on these matters.
- Communicate any changes in the law to Functional Management in the appropriate country.
- Champion the development of HR administrative processes and services with particular regard to filing and record maintenance systems.
- Supervise the HR database to ensure accuracy.
- Ensure compliance with employee data protection legislation.
Health & Safety
- Ensure there is a safety management system in place to meet country specific legal and insurance requirements.
- Ensure appropriate training is carried out for employees with regard to First Aid, Fire & Evacuation procedures.
- Develop a safety culture in each location.
- Preparation of Reports as required – e.g. absence, turnover, vacation accrual, headcount etc.
- Assist with all other Ad-Hoc projects as they arise
- Build & foster excellent relations with the other members of the HR team
- Work closely with the team to ensure that all HR functions are aligned, to ensure linkage, build knowledge and to improve overall efficiencies etc.
- Perform all other job related tasks as requested