Job Title: Software Engineer II
Primary Purpose of the Position
The Software Engineer II designs, codes, documents, tests, and debugs software applications and systems.
- Implement designs by writing codes, unit testing and debugging
- Support production and analyze production problems in areas of expertise
- Document design and implementation
- Analyze application and system requirements and produce designs
- Regularly report status to Project or Development Managers
- Coordinate activities of internal and external resources in support of project deliverables
Education and Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field (or 4 additional years of relevant experience in lieu of degree)
- 5 years of relevant experience
Skills and Competencies
- Knowledge of UNIX and/or Windows J2EE environment
- Software design skills
- Knowledge of software development practices including source code control, build environment, and tools
- Tech Savvy – Anticipates the impact of emerging technologies and makes adjustments. Readily learns and adopts new technology. Scans the environment for new technical skills, knowledge, or capabilities that can benefit business or personal performance.
- Manages Complexity – Asks the right questions to accurately analyze situations. Acquires data from multiple and diverse sources when solving problems. Uncovers root causes to difficult problems. Evaluates pros and cons, risks and benefits of different solution options.
- Decision Quality – Makes sound decisions, even in the absence of complete information. Relies on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment when making decisions. Considers all relevant factors and uses appropriate decision-making criteria and principles. Recognizes when a quick 80% solution will suffice.
- Action Oriented – Readily takes action on challenges, without unnecessary planning. Identifies and seizes new opportunities. Displays a can-do attitude in good and bad times. Steps up to handle tough issues.
- Optimizes Work Processes – Identifies and creates the processes necessary to get work done. Separates and combines activities into efficient workflow. Designs processes and procedures that allow managing from a distance. Seeks ways to improve processes, from small tweaks to complete reengineering.
- Drives Results – Has a strong bottom-line orientation. Persists in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. Has a track record of exceeding goals successfully. Pushes self and helps others achieve results.
- Collaborates – Works cooperatively with others across the organization to achieve shared objectives. Represents own interests while being fair to others and their areas. Partners with others to get work done. Credits others for their contributions and accomplishments. Gains trust and support of others.
- Communicates Effectively – Is effective in a variety of communication settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, or among diverse styles and position levels. Provides timely and helpful information to others across the organization. Actively listens to others. Adjusts to fit the audience and the message. Encourages the open expression of diverse ideas and opinions.
- Instills trust – Follows through on commitments. Is seen as direct and truthful. Keeps confidences, follow through on commitments, shows consistency between words and actions. Practices what he/she preaches.
- Self-Development – Shows personal commitment and takes action to continuously improve. Accepts assignments that broaden capabilities. Learns from new experiences, from others, and from structured learning. Makes the most of available development resources.
- Nimble Learning – Learns quickly when facing new situations. Experiments to find new solutions. Takes on the challenge of unfamiliar tasks. Extracts lessons learned from failures and mistakes.
- Being Resilient – Is confident under pressure. Maintains a positive attitude despite adversity. Handles and manages crises effectively. Bounces back from setbacks. Grows from hardships and negative experiences.
U.S. Candidates – Premiere Global Services, Inc. dba Premiere Global Services (PGi), and American Teleconferencing Services, Ltd. (ATS) dba Premiere Global Services (PGi) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
EOE M/F/D/V – Drug-free Workplace
U.S. Candidates – PGi and ATS participate in the federal E-Verify program. To learn more about E-Verify, please visit: http://www.uscis.gov