Already a Soundpath Customer? Sign in Now
Soundpath Legal Customer Resources
Finding a legal conferencing solution that can meet all of the exclusive needs of your law firm can be difficult. Soundpath® by PGi is an award-winning legal billing, conferencing and collaboration tool designed for law firms of all sizes. For more than 10 years, our comprehensive legal conferencing software and dedicated support team have helped legal professionals around the world connect and collaborate better than ever before.
Make the most of your Soundpath conferencing experience with our key service features, useful conferencing tips and Global Conferencing Access Numbers.
- Press *0 to reach an operator: Use this feature if you need assistance during a conference. You will briefly be pulled out of the call and an operator will assist you.
- Press *1 to hear a help menu: Use this feature if you need assistance during a conference call and would like to be directed to an automated help menu.
- Press *6 mute/ un-mute your line: Use this feature if you have background noise, static, or other distracting sounds that are disrupting the conference call.
- Press *5 to increase your speaking volume: Use this feature if the volume of your voice is too low for the rest of the participants to hear you properly.
- Press *4 to increase entire conference volume: Use this feature if the volume of the entire conference call is too low for you to hear properly.
- Press *8 to decrease your speaking volume: Use this feature if your voice is too loud for the rest of the participants.
- Press *7 to decrease entire conference volume: Use this feature if the volume of the entire conference is too loud for you.
- Press *92 to hear a Roll Call of participants: Use this feature to hear an audio Roll Call listing of all the participants in the conference. The number of speakers in the conference will be announced along with the voice recording of each participant.
- Press *94 to lock and unlock conference: Use this feature to lock the conference for added security. When conference is locked, no one will be able to enter the conference. Unlock the conference to let participants in. This feature is disabled when the moderator disconnects.
- Press *96 to mute all participants’ lines: Use this feature to mute all incoming lines except that of the moderator.
- Press *97 to un-mute all participants’ lines: Use this feature to unmute all participants lines including the lines the moderator has muted and the lines the participants have muted individually.
- Press *93 to disconnect all participants’ lines: Use this feature to terminate a conference. All lines except that of the moderator will be disconnected. The moderator can hang up or start another conference.
- Press *22 to initiate Record on Demand: Use this feature to initiate, pause, delete and restart a recording during a conference.
- Press *31 to enable/disable the Private Security PIN feature: Use this feature to add an additional level of security to your conference.
- Press *32 to enable/disable the Conference Introduction feature: Use this feature to record and enable a personalized introduction to your conference.
- Press *22 to initiate the recording
- Press *22 and 1 to pause/un-pause the recording
- Press *22 and 2 to erase the previous recording and start over (only one recording is allowed/retained per conference)
Use this feature to initiate, pause, delete and restart a recording during a conference. After the conference call is complete, the moderator will be sent an e-mail with the replay information included. Recordings are available for playback for 30 days and are then deleted automatically. Before using this feature, please call Customer Service (888-233-0162) to ensure the correct e-mail address is in your moderator and conference profile.
*In order to comply with state and federal laws, a voice prompt will announce to all present participants as well as any new participants entering the call, that the call is being recorded.
When the *31 Private Security PIN feature is turned on, a completely private security PIN controlled by each moderator for each call, is required by all participants to enter the conference. Once enabled, the moderator will be prompted to enter a conference-specific security code at the beginning of each call that must then be entered by all of the participants in order to access the conference. For first time use, it is recommended that the moderator dial-in early to the conference to record their introduction. Participants already in the conference before this feature is enabled will not hear the introduction.
After you enter the conference, press *31. You will be prompted to enter a PIN (1 to 15 digits) chosen by you, followed by the # key. Once a PIN has been entered, participants will not be able to enter the conference without entering the correct PIN. Once the *31 PIN feature has been enabled, every time the moderator enters the conference he/she will be prompted to enter a security code for the conference. The PIN can be different for each conference call, it does not have to be the same PIN used to activate the *31 feature.
If the moderator does not want to use the PIN once it is enabled, the moderator can press * to begin the conference without a security code, or once inside the conference, press *31 to disable the PIN feature.
If the moderator intends to use the *31 Private Security PIN, he/she should communicate to all participants the toll-free number, the participant passcode and the Private Security PIN that the moderator intends to use for the call.
Once inside the conference, press *32 to activate the conference introduction prompts.
- Press 1 to record your conference introduction
- Press 2 to delete your introduction
- Press 3 to listen to your introduction Press * to return to your conference
The introduction will be played after the conference greeting and other feature prompt, and before the participant is allowed to enter the conference. This is not a welcome prompt. The moderator may re-record or disable this introduction at any time. Only one introduction is allowed per conference and the maximum length of the introduction is 20 seconds. After recorded, the introduction will play on all future calls until it is either recorded over or disabled by the moderator. For first time use, it is recommended that the moderator dial-in early to the conference to record their introduction. Participants already in the conference before this feature is enabled will not hear the introduction.
Call our 24/7 customer service number at 888-233-0162.
The most common source of static is a participant bringing it in on their line. To find out if this is the case, the moderator should press *96 to mute all participant lines. If the static goes away a participant is bringing the static on their line. Have each participant un-mute their own lines individually by pressing *6 to find out whose line it is. If the static still exists, press *0 to reach an operator to assist you.
If this is the case, no one has signed in as the moderator. The moderator should hang up and dial again making sure to enter the moderator passcode.
Give the participant the international dial-in number for your conference. The participant will have to dial the international direct dialing prefix for the country they are calling from, plus the United States country code 1 and then the 10 digit international dial-in number. They would dial the international dial-in number just as they would any U.S. phone number from their location. For participants in Canada, give them the international dial-in as some toll free numbers do not work in Canada. Canadian callers only have to dial the 1 plus the ten digit phone number.
For example, a participant dialing from Poland should dial 001 719 955 5555 if the international dial-in number is 719-955-5555.
* This does not apply when using Soundpath Global Conferencing Services. If you have a Soundpath Global Conferencing account, please visit www.soundpathlegal.com/global.html to view your access numbers.
- Consider using the *94 feature to lock the conference.
- Consider using the *31 Private Security PIN feature to require all participants to enter an additional code to access the conference.
- Consider setting up a one time scheduled ready conference, with unique dial-ins and passcodes. To set up a scheduled ready conference at no additional charge, call customer service at 888-233-0162. Please call at least two hours in advance of the scheduled call time.
Consider setting up a conference with client and matter numbers hard-coded. This will automatically apply your client and matter numbers to the calls without having to manually enter them. Call customer service at 888-233-0162 if you would like to set up an a hard-coded conference at no additional charge.
Contact your administrator or billing department for internal billing numbers.