Delivering enterprise-class audio for meetings anywhere around the world is one of our many goals at PGi. GlobalMeet® Audio helps ensure that every meeting has the best audio quality possible. That’s why PGi offers an audio integration solution to work with various unified communications solutions like Microsoft® Skype for Business®. To learn more about GlobalMeet Audio for Skype for Business, check out our list of frequent asked questions:
Q: What is Skype for Business?
A: Skype for Business (formerly Microsoft Lync) is a unified business communications solution that merges the user-friendly Skype interface with enterprise Lync capabilities. The software upholds the enterprise-grade security that Lync users know and love while providing fresh features. Key features include instant messaging, one-click audio and video calling, easier file transferring and more.
Q: How does PGi support Skype for Business?
A: PGi’s GlobalMeet Audio for Skype for Business brings superior voice coverage, quality and service to every conference call. Users can join calls from any mobile or landline phone, host or join meetings with up to 300 participants, access over 100 local and international toll-free access point.
Q: What are the benefits of using GlobalMeet Audio for Skype for Business?
A: GlobalMeet is an audio conferencing solution that is seamlessly integrated with Microsoft Skype for Business Online and Skype for Business Server to bring superior voice quality to every Skype for Business meeting. There are many benefits to integrating an audio conferencing solution like GlobalMeet Audio to your Skype for Business meetings.
Here are just a few benefits:
- Hybrid audio: Connect to the same meeting using computers (VoIP), smartphones and telephones (PSTN). Better audio quality will improve your meeting experience and productivity.
- Dial-out: Hosts can quickly add telephone participants to any Skype for Business meeting. Dial-in, dial-out and VoIP will connect participants from both inside and outside of your company
- Global network: Connect meeting participants from around the world. Expansive geographical coverage with more than 140 local access numbers and a reliable network that hosts more than 60 million meetings each year.
- Shared minute & single user bundles: Shared minute plans and user bundle packages offer better value and more predictable monthly costs.
- Better meeting management: Larger meeting capacity on calls with up to 300 participants and a range of audio controls for better meeting management.
Q: Do I need a Skype for Business audio integration?
A: You may be wondering why you would need an additional Skype for Business audio provider. Skype for Business provides VoIP audio, but there are limitations in scale, audio quality and consistency, global availability and accessibility.
If you’re experiencing any or all of the following challenges, it may be time to consider GlobalMeet by PGi:
- Poor audio quality in Skype for Business meetings
- Trouble connecting participants that are outside of the company’s firewall
- Deficiency of global PSTN coverage
- The need to let participants join meetings from any device
- Lack of a solution that easily integrates with Skype for Business
Q: How does GlobalMeet Audio complement Skype for Business?
A: GlobalMeet Audio makes every Skype for Business meeting more productive and efficient with capacity for up to 300 VoIP and PSTN participants and the best audio quality available in web conferencing.
When integrated with GlobalMeet, Skype for Business is enhanced with the following features:
- PSTN-based conferencing services
- Expansive, global IP infrastructure that is optimized for audio collaboration
- Ability to dial out to PSTN participants
- Capability to mix Internet and PSTN callers in the same Skype for Business meeting
- Ability to include dial in numbers in meeting invitations
Q: How does GlobalMeet compare to other audio integrations?
A: There are certain capabilities that GlobalMeet offers that the competition does not. Some of the key features that set PGi’s audio conferencing solution apart from the competition include the following:
- Enterprise-grade global service with 24/7 regional support
- Professional account management teams that put the customer’s needs first
- Greater flexibility in pricing with shared minute bundles available for enterprise and users.
- Expansive, global IP infrastructure allowing you to directly serve customers around the globe
- US-based telecom carriers who support audio conferencing for Skype for Business
Q: What is the difference between Skype for Business Online and Skype for Business Server?
A: If you’re currently using or considering using Skype for Business for IM and web conferencing, you may be wondering what the difference between Skype for Business Online and Skype for Business Sever is. Here’s a brief comparison:
- Skype for Business Online offers less than 1M minutes per month for audio. This is best for small companies with little to no global presence and less infrastructure or capital investment.
- Skype for Business Server offers 3M+ minutes per month for audio. It’s best for company with a low number of users and high minutes per user.
Ready to see how GlobalMeet Audio for Skype for Business can help improve your next meeting? Click here to find out more.