HR benefits enrollment and rollout professionals know the biggest barrier to adoption is grabbing the attention of employees. Whether you’re on a large HR team for a global benefits rollout or a small business HR professional trying to grab the attention of a select few, HR gurus know that encouraging participation, attendance and, ultimately, enrollment is target result for a successful enrollment period.
To help you get the most of your efforts and be a winner during HR benefits enrollment, here are some fun presentation ideas for HR benefits enrollment and benefits rollout.
1. Create a benefits mascot to be the enrollment spokesperson for your company. Use this cartoon, character or business leader in all your communications, even going so far as creating an alias in the global address list so all messages are sent from him/her/it.
2. Record short, lighthearted and educational videos for on-demand viewing using your company intranet or YouTube channel.
3. Incorporate gamification (badges, awards, social chatter, etc.) in online multimedia forums to promote competition and participation among employees.
4. Use participation rewards through raffles, giveaways and more to gain momentum, encourage participation and ultimately enrollment.
5. Bring in special guests (company executives, mascots, benefits experts, thought leaders) through videos, emails and online chats to answer questions, share best practices and provide support to the HR team.
6. Play with different media types (email, text, intranet, discussion forum, video, video conferencing) to meet users in their preferred method of communication.
7. Get people out of their comfort zones and into online chat forums. The odds are, if they’re emailing you a question, someone else in your company is asking the same thing but afraid to contact your team. By using online chat forums, other employees can find the answers they’re looking for easily (and save you time by only answering a question once).
For more HR tips, including benefits enrollment, fun presentation ideas, HR communication techniques and recruiting advice, visit the HR section here on our website.