Audio conferencing is a must have for the modern business. It can be used as a stand-alone collaboration tool or can be used to enhance web and video conferencing solutions. But when buying audio conferencing solutions, it’s important to understand what you’re purchasing.
Like investing in any tool to enhance your business operations, understanding the pros and cons of an audio conferencing solution is important. To get the right solution for your business, check out these five red flags to look for when buying audio conferencing.
- No hybrid network support: The ability to seamlessly mix callers on VoIP and PTSN in a single conference call will allow participants to join from whatever device or method they choose. Hybrid network support will help make your next conference call easier for all parties.
- Lack of global coverage: Is your business is working with customers or stakeholders overseas? Make sure your audio conferencing solution has more than just local coverage. Finding a solution that features international calling and a globally distributed network infrastructure will save your business cash and provide a better call experience for global participants.
- Limited audio controls: An audio conferencing solution that has audio controls only accessible through the phone and “*” commands is a huge red flag. Thanks to advances in technology, most audio conferencing solutions will allow you to control your audio through apps and online on your desktop. You won’t be forced to stay at your desk to take your next conference call.
- Limited customer service support: This is a feature many business may not really consider when looking for the perfect audio conferencing solution. Don’t let a solution’s limited customer service limit your business operations. Find an audio conferencing solution that has easily accessible customer service, available 24/7 just in case something goes awry during an important call.
- Lack of integration with web and video: This is probably biggest red flag of them all. If you’re looking for a complete audio conferencing solution that will keep you connected with employees and able to seek out new opportunities both locally and internationally, then you need to have a solution that will integrate with web and video conferencing. Combining these three features will enhance your company’s ability to collaborate and conduct business.
Unfortunately, not all audio conferencing providers will be straightforward with the faults in their services or additional fees. By looking for these five red flags, you’ll be able to better understand what your company is investing in.
For a complete audio conferencing solution, try PGi’s GlobalMeet® Audio. To learn more about audio conferencing, check out some of these related articles: