You may be wondering why you would need an additional Skype® for Business audio provider above and beyond your existing deployment. Skype for Business provides VoIP audio, but there are limitations in scale, audio quality and consistency, global availability and accessibility.
By adding audio conferencing integration to your UC deployment, you’ll have better audio quality and consistency, eliminate bandwidth restrictions and allow external participants such as clients, vendors and partners to join your meetings. To understand more about a Skype for Business audio integration, check out these frequently asked questions:
Q: What should I look for in Skype for Business audio provider?
A: Choosing an audio conferencing provider can be challenging, but there are certain things that you can look for to ensure you’ll be working with the right one. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Strength of Infrastructure: An audio provider with a network and infrastructure that is enterprise-grade to ensure quality so that your service is never interrupted at a critical moment.
- Hybrid Audio Support: An audio conferencing provider’s network that can support hybrid audio will be key to maintaining productivity and collaboration as the workforce becomes more mobile.
- Global Presence: Your next big client could be half way around the world, which is why global presences and commitment to delivering quality audio to participants is important.
- Integrations: Your audio provider should easily integrate into popular unified communications services so that all employees can experience the same consistent audio no matter where they are.
Q: How does PGi support Skype for Business audio?
A: GlobalMeet® Audio Hybrid by PGi easily integrates with Skype for Business (formerly Lync Online), Skype for Business Server and Lync Server 2013. Users can set up the audio service quickly through the familiar Skype for Business interface with no additional training needed. PGi’s global service offers 24/7 regional support and account management to ensure customers are getting the most out of their audio conferencing solution.
Q: What are the benefits of having a Skype for Business audio provider?
A: There are many benefits to integrating an audio conferencing solution like GlobalMeet Hybrid Audio to your Skype for Business meetings. Here are just a few:
- Better audio quality to improve your meeting experience and productivity
- Dial-in, dial-out and VoIP to connect participants from both inside and outside of your company
- Global coverage to connect participants around the world
- A reliable network that hosts more than 60 million meetings each year
- Larger meeting capacity on calls with up to 250 participants
- A range of audio controls for better meeting management
Q: How does GlobalMeet Hybrid Audio work with Skype for Business?
A: Nothing is worse than poor audio quality during a conference call. GlobalMeet Hybrid Audio for Skype for Business provides high quality audio and enables internal and external meeting participants to connect from anywhere, and on any device. Whether small or large, meetings become more productive when up to 250 VoIP and PSTN connections are supported.
Are you ready to enhance your Skype for Business audio? Check out how GlobalMeet Audio’s integration can give your next online meeting crystal-clear audio, regardless of how or where you join.