Unified communications and collaboration (UC&C) is a combination of enterprise communication tools assembled into a single interface and integrated into a single management system. UC&C helps enterprises to overcome the inefficiencies and challenges that were previously siloed and fragmented—focusing on making your company more connected, efficient and productive.
A set of UC&C products includes a variety of communications and collaboration tools including:
- Email and voicemail
- Calendars and scheduling
- Voice and telephony
- Real-time communications
- Web, audio and video conferencing
- Instant messaging
UC&C offers any organization an array of benefits, providing employees with a consistent experience and interface across all devices, enhancing their ability to telecommute or work remotely. Other ways your company can benefit include:
- Integrated experience: UC&C provides a single, cohesive and consistent experience by combining email, mobile, voice, web conferencing and real time communications.
- Increased enterprise productivity and collaboration: Conventional communications tend to be bulky and inconsistent, leaving your employees spending more time on learning different tools, and less time getting work done. With UC&C tools your teams will be able to work together more efficiently and productively through a variety of channels.
- Improved user experience: By reducing the need for separate training, user names and passwords, your employees will find UC&C tools easier to access and use.
- Reduced IT and telephony costs: With all communications integrated into a single platform, you’ll have less potential failure points and risks of error, reducing the need for constant help from IT.
UC&C simply revolutionizes business communications by offering an all-encompassing, flexible suite of tools to make your business run more smoothly. Take the next steps in learning more about adopting UC&C in your company:
- Download PGi’s free whitepaper, Powering Collaboration in the Unified Communications Era, and learn more about how to make UC&C a success in your business.
- Learn more about PGI’s industry-leading audio with the leading UC&C platform by checking out GlobalMeet® Audio for Lync®.
- After you’ve learned more about GlobalMeet Audio for Lync, request a free trial to join Microsoft® Lync meetings by phone.